JENNY BIRD, Sales Coordinator
Salary: To be disclosed
ABOUT JENNY BIRD:
Jenny Bird, founded her eponymous line in 2008 with a collection of handbags. In 2010 Bird pivoted to jewelry and since then has been an unstoppable force in Canadian fashion.
In addition to having a booming e-commerce business, the brand is currently experiencing explosive growth worldwide, and is now carried in over 600 retailers in 20 countries. A small, talented team manages this global business from the brand’s headquarters in Toronto’s fashion district. Each staff member is entrepreneurial and exceptionally dedicated to JB’s vision of becoming a world leader in fashion jewelry.
In 2016, Jenny Bird was ranked #83 on the Profit 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies, #48 on the W100 list of Canada’s top female entrepreneurs, and, most recently, was bestowed the honour of being named Canada’s Accessory Designer of the Year.
ROLE:This is our entry-level sales team position. The Sales Coordinator role is responsible for serving the Sales Director and the entire sales team with all of the administrative support required. The Sales team includes: an in-house Sales Director and Account Executive, in addition to 3rd party sale reps (based in showrooms in various cities around the world). The Sales Coordinator will report to the Sales Director and support the Sales Director and the Account Executive.
While JB is a fun brand to work on and we seek people with great positive energy, this position in particular is a very busy one, with serious responsibilities. Supporting our Sales team is perhaps the most critical function within the company. As such, we are seeking a highly organized person with a positive attitude toward life and an exceptional work ethic.
- Tracking wholesale revenue and other data on a daily basis, conducting analysis on sales data (by product, region, account) as needed for the Sales Director.
- Reporting wholesale KPIs (key performance indicators) each reporting period and providing other insights as required by the Sales Director.
- Maintaining our online wholesale ordering platform Joor (line sheets, orders, new collections, new connections)
- Ensuring sample sets, brand assets and displays are sent to 3rd party reps for each new collection
- In constant contact with all 3rd party reps about damages, displays needs etc.
- Providing customer service with accounts re: RA’s, damages
- Trade show travel: booth set up, take down, assuring all materials and booth product arrive on time and are picked up at end of show
- Maintaining JB’s wholesale email database (all doors for all reps/accounts)
- Maintaining JB’s digital map of retailers.
- Post secondary education degree or diploma.
- You must be the kind of person who enjoys keeping things in order.
- Detail oriented.
- Natural inclination to thrive (versus become stressed) with many must-dos in the same day and ability to prioritize across several tasks to manage your own day appropriately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g. to clarify priorities with your manager immediately if unclear).
- Highly capable in Excel
- Comfort with web platforms like Shopify and updating site catalogues (Joor is similar to Shopify or other ecomm back-ends).
- Willingness to travel
*Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line Sales Coordinator.