What does it mean to us?
Elevating and lifting those up around us
Spreading love regardless of where you may currently reside
With this in mind, we do as much as we can to support our fellow global citizens with a focus on championing causes that are geared towards economic empowerment. We aim to create opportunities for long-term self reliance through meaningful work.
What We're proud of
Dress for Success
- November 2018, JENNY BIRD launched its national partnership with Dress for Success Canada
- The mission of Dress for Success Canada is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- Dress for Success is part of a global movement for change. They are an international not-for-profit organization operating in over 154 cities in 30 countries.
- Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has helped over one million women work towards self-sufficiency.
- JENNY BIRD and Dress for Success will team up this year to raise funds and awareness through e-commerce sales, events and other experiential opportunities.
The Pin Project
- In 2017, JENNY BIRD launched The Pin Project, a partnership with Far + Wide Collective.
- The project aimed to unlock refugee talent and provide economic opportunity to displaced people and refugees around the world.
- Nominated for the Fashion Impact Award at the Canadian Arts and Fashion Awards (CAFA), the unisex pin was designed by Jenny Bird, and was made by refugees in Jordan.
- All proceeds from the sale of the pin are invested in the refugee community; paying fair wages, building workshops, buying tools and equipment, and facilitating further training. Read more about The Pin Project on our blog (link to blog post)