Our jewellery is manufactured in Qingdao, China. The port city of Qingdao, also known as the country’s sailing city, is located on the east coast of China in the Shandong province, just south-east of Beijing; it is a hub for fashion jewellery production.
It is of the utmost importance to Adam and I that our products are sourced and manufactured responsibly; that we are socially and environmentally conscious global citizens in how we carry out our business.How We Work to Ensure This:
- - We never knowingly work with or support any manufacturer, supplier, or business partner of any kind that we have reason to believe is conducting their business in a socially irresponsible manner.
- - We choose factory partners who have regular social compliance audits, and who share the audit reports with us.
- - We visited our current factory in Qingdao, China to meet the management in person, see the workers’ environment, and to ensure that our products were being produced there. This is a very rudimentary fact to need proof of, given that many Chinese factories are now subcontracting to unregulated factories in countries, such as Cambodia and Vietnam, where we would have no clear knowledge regarding the age of workers or the conditions. Upon visiting the factory we were satisfied with the happy, clean environment, and witnessed our production in progress.
The neighbourhood surrounding the factory.
Our Production Manager, Jen, going over some paperwork.
Our Production Manager, Jen, inspecting our Ossie Ear Jackets.
- - In sourcing new manufacturers and materials, we work with a western-based partner company, who focuses on identifying new ethical factories that will meet our needs.
- - We are conscious of our business’ carbon footprint, and make an effort to help offset it and support environmental causes each year. In 2016, we are planning JB team initiatives, such as buying carbon offsets and planting trees.