SALARY: To be disclosed
JENNY BIRD is looking for a dynamic, experienced Director of Finance and Operations to join our team. This newly created position requires a balance of financial, operational and analytical skills, and will play a fundamental role in supporting our growth and expansion.
Reporting directly to the Founder, you will be responsible for all the financial and operational leadership for the company. This includes creating full financial management and reporting with supply chain and logistics oversight.
This is the place to expand your horizons, flex your organizational skills and financial insight. You will be the right-hand partner of the Founder to lead the team and be a driver for growth.
We look for people who are ambitious, willing to roll up their sleeves, bring a sense of humour to the office, and enjoy the fast-paced environment of an entrepreneurial growth company. We value our employees and the talents they bring to the brand every day, and are looking for a leader who will manage and inspire with kindness.
- Proven leadership abilities; a team player with strong interpersonal skills, a firm but patient nature, able to interact with people at all levels and from many different cultures.
- Keen business sense with strong planning and organization skills.
- An inquisitive analytical nature with proactive and insightful problem-solving skills.
- An eye for process and an ability to break down complexity and prioritize greatest needs.
- An ability to operate and create systems in dynamic environments.
- An ability to be flexible and a positive attitude when faced with complexity.
- Prepare all required financial reporting for various stakeholders, including compliance reporting, variance analysis and commentary.
- Manage operational accounting activities including payroll and accounts payable.
- Develop and maintain cashflow forecast to meet the company’s planned objectives and obligations.
- Lead the annual budgeting process with input from leadership team.
- Analyze and create KPI dashboard of sales, financial and operational metrics.
- Oversee all aspects of the supply chain and logistics, from purchase order to fulfillment activities by a third-party warehouse.
- Responsible for inventory management including purchasing, stock level management and product costing.
- Motivate and manage a staff of 3 on the supply chain and logistics team.
- Lead the organization through the migration onto a new ERP system; Champion the adaptation of new workflows processes resulting from the ERP including inventory management and reporting tools.
- Recommend new procedures and system modifications to improve the efficiency of accounting, business and supply chain areas of the business.
- Work with the founder to identify and then manage other back-end business operational needs as they arise including HR admin (e.g.:documentation and contracts), legal, supply chain admin (e.g.: contracts), physical office space needs, etc. Source and manage any third parties required to complete this work as needed. Be proactive in suggesting when human resources are required (e.g new hires) , when role require adjustments, etc.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to see the big picture, share the vision with the Founder and communicate this to the teams, while also staying focused on the day-to-day.
- Naturally thrive in an entrepreneurial setting; strong willingness to affect change with an understanding of the unique challenges encountered in small businesses.
- A tenacious spirit to establish and improve processes as necessary for scaling; one that would look forward to establishing ‘order’ in a growth company’s chaos.
- A “can-do” attitude – always willing to roll up the sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- A strong sense of curiosity – an appetite to learn, an innovative thinker and a creative problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with confidence in presenting to key stakeholders.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA or equivalent).
- Minimum 7-10 years post qualification experience, including 3 years management experience.
- Experience in a physical products company strongly preferred.
- ERP experience and extensive MS Excel skills, including pivot tables. Quick books experience is preferred.
- Loves working in a creative, dynamic, non-corporate environment with a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- An ability to roll with the punches in an ever-changing environment.
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and strong team orientation.
- A sense of humour is mandatory.
- A strong desire to play a critical role in a pivotal stage of growth; to be responsible for ensuring the back end departments are structured and functioning properly to meet the growth targets.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.